I’m so excited about our session! Here are some of my favorite locations I always love to recommend. While YOU will be the main focus of our photos so the location isn’t the most important thing, it never hurts to start with a beautiful location 🙂 Let’s find a setting that you love for your session!
1. Mission San Jose: This is probably my all-time favorite place for photos, such a beautiful place with nothing else like it that I’ve found in San Antonio! Neutral stone tones of the Mission; great if you wanted a mixture of buildings and greenery with a historical San Antonio feel; ~$100 photo permit required and we’d have to reserve our session as soon as possible with the Park and Recreation Office. They also are only open between 9am-5pm for sessions an additional after-hours fee is paid. Address: 701 Pyron Avenue, San Antonio, Tx 78214
2. Another one of my favorite spots is Overlook Park at Canyon Lake. There is a beautiful field or grass area with oak trees where we could take some photos. And really close to that field is access to the lake if you wanted some lakeside photos too! So beautiful!- Address: 652-670 Coe Rd, Canyon Lake Tx 78133 **Please note: If you are wanting to have some photos by the lake, bring some comfy shoes to walk in because there is pretty steep hill we’ll have to walk down to get there
3. Another favorite- Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne. This beautiful nature reserve is full of walking trails, long grass, and a creek with tall cypress trees; $25 photo permit required– Address: 140 City Park Rd, Boerne Tx 78006
4. Guadalupe State Park is also gorgeous! Fields with tress, the creek with surrounding trees and rocks. Park entrance required $7 per person (**You’ll need to bring exact change in case the office is closed and won’t be able to give you change) – Address: 3350 Park Road 31, Spring Branch, Tx 78070
5. Also, Phil Hardberger Park West is beautiful. Pretty walking trails and fields of long grass and trees and more central to San Antonio so a great option if you wanted something closer. **Lots of green in the Spring, Summer and Fall and more golden/brown tones in the Winter (see second picture below for more neutral/Winter tones) – Address: (8400 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio Tx 78231- We’d meet at the Ecology Center)
6. Landa Branch Library– Has manicured, green grounds surrounding the library plus the building if you wanted a mixture of greenery and historical-urban. Address: 233 Bushnell Avenue, San Antonio Tx 78212
Some other ideas:
– Southwest School of Art is beautiful! It’s a little more of a manicured look with the building made of white stone and turquoise shutters; sessions only permitted between 9am-5pm M-F
– To my wedding clients- Your wedding venue is also an option!
– Lastly, if you have access to private ranch or anything, that could be a beautiful and unique place for your photos too